The philodendron variety has similar heart-shaped leaves. Once in a while, you come across unique leaves that are nowhere near any of their friends. Philodendron Holtonianum is among the elongated versions of Philodendron. It is longer than P. tripartite and slightly similar to P. Horne.
Philodendron Holtonianum Unique Feature
We grow our plant by looking at their size and how it grows. For example, climbers will need support to grow. Our P. Holtonianum has elongated leaves therefore, ideally it should be placed somewhere high. That way, the leaves will drop beautifully. The more room it has, the bigger it can grow. With the right care, the plant can grow faster with larger leaves.
- Blades: The 3 lobes indicate blades feel in the thin leaves. The tropical plant has leaves that emerge as a single long slender blade that drops down. An adult P. Holtonianum develops its ears of a tri-bladed specimen. The lobes will progress larger in time.
- Climber: The houseplant is a climber with dropping long “air” roots into the soil. As they mature, blades then change substantially.
- Growth: P. Holtonianum can grow up to 8 feet. The unique leaves grow wider. After that, it changed about 3 feet off the ground.
- Young leaves: Most Philodendrons at an early age are narrow with a single strap, the same goes for this variant.
- Texture: Adult Holtonianum has a thin coriaceous and delicate leathery feel.
- Rare plant: This tropical plant is rare due to its nature to be an epiphytic climber that needs well-drained soil. It is typically hard to grow which is why the plant is quite rare.
Philodendron Holtonianum Care Guide
The member of the Araceae plant can grow to 13 inches in length and 8 inches wide. The blades can grow up to 2 feet long and 18 inches wide. This is what you need to do as the ultimate care for the P Holtonianum.
A mixture of potting soil, perlite, peat moss, and orchid potting mix is the ideal combination for this rainforest species.
2. Watering Requirement
There are different watering processes for placement indoors and outdoors. You should water it more often if it grows outdoors. Particularly in the summer when the weather is mostly hot, then in winter water is less. If you grow it indoors, you should water it in moderate water. The temperature doesn’t change much indoors, therefore, you can focus on misting the plant daily.
Moderate bright filtered light is the most suitable setting for this plant. You may want to put this plant on a tree with lots of shade. Another option is putting it on a basket hanging by the terrace floor. So, you need shade and indirect light to support the growth of this plant.
How to Grow
If you want to grow your Philodendron, here are some of the steps that you need to do. This Philodendron species are in hybrid forms. Therefore the leaves don’t always appear the same. Luckily, the attractive plant is easy to grow. Here is what you need to do to have this stunning specimen at home.
- Gather the supply. You need a pot two inches wider than the previous one.
- Remove the plant: take the plant out of its container gently
- Add soil: add fresh potting mix to the pot. Add water that covers the roots but doesn’t let them soak. Add pebbles or rocks as the base.
That is all you need to know about the fast-growing plant. Its unusual features make it the rarest variety of Philodendron with strong and great root systems. You can grow and care for it using the tips mentioned above. The evergreen plant after growing to adulthood can retain its leaves all year round and is very durable. You can get your Philodendron Holtonianum from www.almostgreen.id. You will have a picture of the plant before it is sent. By using the care guidance above, you can get your plant and care for them at home. Because the lovely perennial is durable, it can grow nicely and withstand wear and tear.